Do you miss Blackboard Vista’s tracking capabilities?
Have I got news for you!
Blackboard Learn Course Reports
These reports provide detailed statistics on the usage of your course and student activity. You may choose to run these reports for a single day, a particular week, or for the entire duration of the course to date.
I am highlighting the reports I think will be of most use to our instructors:
NB: “TOTAL” REFERS TO THE TOTAL WITHIN THE SELECTED DATE RANGE ONLY.
If you want the totals for the entire course, you must select dates that encompass the entire course.
All User Activity Inside Content Areas
- total number of clicks (from all students) in each content area of your course
- each user’s total clicks within each content area of the course
- total activity inside content areas, broken down by date
- each student’s total clicks inside content areas per date
Course Activity Overview
- total user activity (from all students) in hours, broken down by day of the week
- total user activity (from all students) in hours, for the whole course
- average number of hours per user
- number of hours each student spent in the course, compared to the average
Overall Summary of User Activity
- total user activity (from all students) in each course tool
- pie chart showing the most utilized course tools
- each user’s number of hits in each course tool
- total user activity (from all students) in all course tools, broken down by date
- each student’s total activity in all course tools, broken down by date
- charts displaying total activity in course tools per hour of the day, and per day of the week
Student Overview for Single Course
- students hours of activity, broken down by the day of the week
- student’s total hours of activity
- total number of items visited by the student
- number of logins
- detailed breakdown of times the student accessed each course item
- detailed breakdown of total number of hours spent on each course item.
User Activity in Forums
- all users’ hits (clicks) for each discussion forum
- pie chart of the most viewed forums
- all users’ messages (posts) for each discussion forum
- pie chart of the most utilized (posted-to) forums
- each users total activity within each discussion forum
- chart of total user activity (from all students) in all discussion forums, broken down by date
- table showing the total number of hits (from all students) in all discussion forums, broken down by date
- table for each month, breaking down each user’s activity (in all discussion forums) by date
You may also view Blackboard’s video tutorial on Course Reports.
Final Note: Course Reports are not, in fact, completely new; however, a glitch in Blackboard that was just recently fixed had previously made them unusable. I hope they will add richly to your Blackboard teaching experience!