In addition to our 4-Week Online Introduction to Teaching with Canvas course, we will be offering a series of four on-campus workshops this Summer.
These workshops will be:
- held on-campus, for those who want to attend in-person
- broadcast via webinar, for those who want to attend and ask questions remotely
- offered twice per day, to accommodate varying schedules
- recorded, for those who cannot attend at the given times
- repeated in Fall 2016, for those who are not ready to focus on Canvas yet, or will be away for the summer
You may attend from 9:00-10:30 AM OR 12:00-1:30 PM, on the following dates. Content from the morning session will be repeated at the noon session of the same date:
Part 1 – June 24 – Introduction to Canvas & Navigation
Part 2 – July 15 – Course Design & Development
Part 3 – August 5 – Course Communication
Part 4 – August 19 – Assessment in Canvas
You may attend any class individually, or all of them, depending on your familiarity and skill level with Canvas.
If you would like to attend ANY of these sessions (on-campus or remotely), please fill out this two-question survey to RSVP to express your interest, and we will follow up with more detailed information on ALL the sessions and options, closer to the date of the first workshop.
- These workshops DO NOT qualify for Salary Advancement Credits through IPD. Only the 4-week online course is approved.
- We wanted to offer a lunch-hour option for those who might have to squeeze in their training during a normal work day break, but since we will be in the computer lab, food cannot be provided and is not allowed inside. If you wish to eat during the lunch session, we must recommend that you attend remotely.