In addition to our 4-Week Online Introduction to Teaching with Canvas course, we will be offering a series of four on-campus workshops this Fall.
These workshops will be:
- held on-campus, in LRC 251, for those who want to attend in-person
- broadcast via webinar, for those who want to attend and ask questions remotely
- offered twice per day, to accommodate varying schedules
You may attend from 9:00-10:30 AM OR 12:00-1:30 PM, on the following dates. Content from the morning session will be repeated at the noon session of the same date:
Part 1 – October 7 – Introduction to Canvas & Navigation
– On-Campus Workshop Location: LRC 251
– 9am Webinar Link, 1-888-886-3951, Passcode: 556671
– 12pm Webinar Link, 1-888-886-3951, Passcode: 542911
– If you encounter technical difficulties accessing this webinar, please email David Vasquez.
Part 2 – October 28 – Course Design & Development
Part 3 – November 18 – Course Communication
Part 4 – December 9 – Assessment in Canvas
You may attend any class individually, or all of them, depending on your familiarity and skill level with Canvas.
You can also view the recorded webinars from our summer series at your leisure.
- These workshops DO NOT qualify for Salary Advancement Credits through IPD. Only the 4-week online course is approved.
- We wanted to offer a lunch-hour option for those who might have to squeeze in their training during a normal work day break, but since we will be in the computer lab, food cannot be provided and is not allowed inside. If you wish to eat during the lunch session, we must recommend that you attend remotely.